Kodak discontinued production of the Carousel projector in 2004. A major factor in this decision was the growing use of digital projectors and PowerPoint. Kodachrome film was discontinued in 2009. This one one of the major reasons in the trend to Convert Slides to Digital format,
Slide projectors were extremely popular due to a proven track record of cost-effective, reliable, high-quality image projection.
Although Kodak provided seven years of service and support for the Carousel projector and it had a long history of trouble-free operation, 15 years on it is difficult to find someone who still has a Carousel projector.
For many years, Carousels and projection screens were the best way to show off your proud slide photography. But now do you have hundreds or thousands of slides laying in your attic that provide great memories of holidays, weddings, and birthdays?
History of Slide Projectors
35mm slide film (1 3/8 x 15/16” film in a 2 x 2” mount) was invented in 1935 and became the new standard for image projection, especially within academic departments.
35mm slide projectors came into widespread use during the 1950s as a form of occasional home entertainment; family members and friends would gather to view slide shows, which typically consisted of Kodachrome slides taken during vacations and at family events.
Photographic film slides and projectors have mostly been replaced by image files on digital storage media shown on a projection screen by using a digital video projector or simply displayed on a large-screen video monitor.
Convert Slides to Digital
The chances are that your old slides are some of the most precious things you have. So, when you send them off to a slide scanning service, you expect them to be treated carefully. At Digitize Media, we understand that.
Since colour slides inevitably change colour and scratch over time unless you have stored them in archival-quality, sub-zero conditions. If the slides have not been stored in a dry environment, they may even have mould building up on them.
We believe in giving each slide the care it deserves as slides that have been boxed and stored for a long time are fragile.
The Photo Scanning Service Process
The photo scanning order process at Digitize Media could not be any easier:
- Place Your Order – No need to count just post just ship your slides to Digitize Media using courier or registered post.
- We Scan and Review – we manually manage the scanning of every order and check each image has scanned to a quality level that is nothing less than excellent.
- Fast, Safe, Convenient – We ship your originals and new digital memories on a USB. All packages are tracked, and all files backed up by us.
- Share & Enjoy – All digital files can be shared easily on all platforms
Reasons to Choose Digitize Media to Convert Slides to Digital
Here are some of the reasons that our happy clients choose Digitize Media to scan their slides:
- We are a family business, and you can speak to someone and not just a faceless online company.
- We have a flexible approach and can put together tailor made solutions based on your ideal requirements.
- We have a swift response to queries, clear communication, and quick turnaround times.
- We have a new traceable courier collection service.
- We provide a service for ex-pats.
- We sell gift vouchers for a unique birthday or anniversary gift.
- Funeral based order images can be shared amongst family members once digitized.